We are committed to environmental excellence and the continuous improvement of our environmental performance, as part of our overall goal of implementing the principles of sustainable development in all areas of our work. Our aim is to ensure that environmental objectives are integrated into relevant business objectives in a cost-effective manner.
Impact Building Services Ltd recognises that many of its activities have some impact on the environment.
As an exemplary Company, we aim to conduct our business and operations to reflect best environmental practice. We will implement an environmental management system in accordance with ISO 14001 which is appropriate to the location, scale and nature of our activities to demonstrate our commitment to environmental regulations, laws and codes of practice.
To achieve this, we will:
- Meet, and where appropriate, exceed the requirements of all relevant legislation;
- Promote recycling and the use of recycled materials, while reducing consumption of materials wherever possible;
- Minimise waste in all operations and installations;
- Work with our suppliers and sub-contractors to minimise the impact of their operations on the environment through a quality purchasing policy;
- Include environmental issues in training programmes and encourage the implementation by all staff of sound environmental practice;
- Monitor progress continually and review performance after a significant change to our activities or annually, whichever the sooner is.